Aveyond 2 Ean's Quest is the sequel to Aveyond 1 Rhen's Quest, the second part of the Aveyond series. Three generations after Rhen Pendragon and her party defeated the dark lord Ahriman, she began ruling Thais, now about aveyond 2, focus on Ean, a young elf who lives near Oldwoods.
|Aveyond 2 Ean's Quest|
Second part of Aveyond series
|Amaranth Games, Big Fish Games, Gamezebo...|
|Sharon Hanlon, Sasha Harlow, SephirothSpawn, Near Fantastica|
|Jan Halfar, Sherman3D|
|Aaron Walz and Walz Music|
|Aveyond 2 version 1, Aveyond 2 version 2|
|Download size: 35 MB|
|Operating System:Windows 98/XP/Vista|
RAM: 256 MB
|A1 free sound effects|
The Land of ManEdit
Ean arrives in the Imperial City of Shaenlir after climbing the cold Spire Mountains. He headed towards Shaenlir Castle but was not allowed by the guards to enter the premises; he now had to find a way to enter the castle.
After finally gaining the permission to enter the castle, Ean headed inside and began to search for Iya Tiki. During the search, kings and queens of different kingdoms (except the Sultan of Seri) gathered in a ball organized by the Snow Queen and is used as a trap for her to successfully rule the world. As soon
Journey to the EastEdit
Heptitus and the Wickedness BlessingEdit
Defeating the Snow QueenEdit
The fall of the snow queen is already at hand. The squirrels have fixed the weapon and has launched it into the sky. The weapon fired with its might and destroyed the barrier surrounding Shaenlir, but a backfire likewise did the same thing to the weapon; hence, the squirrels died once again. By the time the party arrives at the base of the Spire Mountains, Shaenlir soldiers were scattered throughout the area to prevent them from reaching the city. They reached Shaenlir at the time Thais soldiers were already attacking the city and fighting through the enemy forces. The party assists in the fight, until they eventually reached the castle.
The battle with the Snow Queen commenced with all the abilities of the members of the current party, but ends unexpectedly with a surprise when Heptitus appeared and revealed that she is behind all of the trouble for being the Nymph of Wickedness.
As with many RPG games, the outcomes are often determined by in-game interactions.
After defeating the Snow Queen, Ean and Iya return home to The Vale. They are heralded as heroes, and Iya's grandmother calls her "Song Mage".
Meanwhile, Rye and Emma return to Thais.
Ava returns to Seri, and depending on user choices, she may be accompanied by Gavin and/or Nicolas.
If not, Gavin returns to Bogwood, and Nicolas to Thais.
Note:If you want to know and more closely about each character, please see a separate article about that character you choose
- Ean Okho, Shapeshifter (main character)
- Ean, a young elf who is learning how to become a forager in Elfwood. When Iya disappears, he must bravely enter the Land of Man to search for her.
- Iya, Ean's best friend, is a young elf interested in forest magic. She dreams of becoming a singer in the Vale, carrying on her heritage. One night in attempting to prove her singing abilities, Iya disappears.
- Rye Zoyle, Ranger
- Rye, a quiet lad with a good hand for a bow, spends most of his time in the forest. He feels more comfortable there with the forest animals than with the villagers in Ryva. He has recently grown tired of Ryva and wants to leave and explore the world.
- Nicolas Pendragon, White Mage
- Nicolas, the younger brother of Prince Uthar, is a young man caught up in his looks and titles. He is a powerful but arrogant healer, who willingly uses his skills to help nobility, but scoffs at helping dirty peasants. He absolutely detests witches, and refuses to be in any group containing one. He is the great-grandson of Rhen Pendragon.
- Gavin Morven, Warlock
- Gavin, a warlock, is very good at magic. In his village of Bogwood, all of the witches are in love with him, which he finds quite funny but tiresome. He has a wicked sense of humor and he is a little diabolical. Gavin dislikes nobility and will not travel with Nicolas.
- Emma Willow, Fighter
- Emma, who has been a servant for several years in the city of Candar, loves sword fighting and desperately wants to attend the School of War and Magic in Thais. A brave and determined girl, she likes to perfect everything that she learns.
- Jack, Thief
- Jack, the street urchin from Ahriman's Prophecy who thinks everyone is a fool, is a thief with a quick tongue and fast fingers. Not having the best of luck, he is always getting into trouble. In fact he was petrified, and you can free him to have his help. However, he can pick almost any lock, which is a valuable ability, and his nimble fingers may help you obtain more spoils in a battle.
- Ava One Eye, Pirate
- Ava One Eye, whose allegiance is to Uthar Pendragon, is an agent for Thais. Having spent her life on a ship, she is an experienced captain. Being very smart, little impresses her. She has a hard hand and doesn't care for the weak of mind. Uthar calls her Rip when she is spying for him.
- Uthar Pendragon, prince is Thais
- The Six-nymph of spirit
1. Heptitus, the nymph of wickedness, live in Bogwood on the mainland. Trough her nature, she won’t give her blessing willingly
2. Ceri, the nymph of love, lives in Secret Garden behind Candar Castle, on the mainland.
3. Serendipity, the nymph of luck, lives in Stardale Glen, on the island called the Wildlands.
4. Aisling, the nymph of hope, lives in Fairytale Forest, on Storybook Island.
5. Nuha, the nymph of wisdom, lives in ancient city called Eredar, on the Land of Lost.
6. Ishtar, the nymph of compassion, lives in Shaenlir Castle, on the Mainland. If the name sounds familiar, it may be with good reason. Ishtar is the Snow Queen, and is the one responsible for Iya’s situation. Needless to say, her blessing will not be easy to obtain, and she will make every attempt to see that Iya cannot receive any other blessing either!
- Oracle, the goddess
She has appeared in the snow forest when Ean and Iya escaped the Shaenlir Castle. She pointed to Ean and Iya way to help them against the evil plots of the Snow Queen. When the heroes’ party has visited Aveyond, she helped them find the dragon to get to Land of Lost.
Aaron Walz returned to produce the soundtrack to Aveyond 2.
Aveyond 2 had a good reception by the gaming community. Erin Bell of Gamezebo says, "it's a great example of a 'casual' role-playing game that delivers a delightful and accessible fantasy adventure." Neal Chandran from RPGFan said, "Aveyond 2 represents another wonderful independently developed RPG and is another feather in the cap of Amaranth Games." and that though it does not revolutionize the Aveyond series in any way, it "adds another immersive entry to this solid series." Aveyond 2 was second runner-up in the 2007 Game Tunnel Game of the Year: Player's Choice Award and RPG of the Year Award.